Monday, December 14, 2015

80s Art Appreciation

I am a person that appreciates art in general. I believe that everyone has an artistic side to them that can be expressed beautifully if their heart desires, despite their ability or confidence in themselves. Of course, I love art that reminds me of the vintage designs that I dearly love. Here are some artistic styles that suit my fancy:

Abstract

In my mind, nobody could ever go wrong with abstract art. It is a design principal that was quite prominent in the 1980s, which was the first decade that fueled my retro obsession. The 1980s style that many would find tacky and give away personal remnants of to Goodwill is extremely comforting to me, and I love it. 

 These are pictures of artwork by artist Yoko Honda



















Art Deco Vases

Another thing from the 1980s that often has a fate of ending up at Goodwill are vases. I absolutely adore these gems and I have a personal collection of my own that I'm hoping to expand. 

My personal vase collection. Photo credits to myself
80s art just makes me happy. I could never grow sick of it.

-Kathryn Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment