Monday, December 14, 2015

Rocky Horror Update

October 24, 2015

The Rocky Horror Picture Show event was a success. It was at the Jayhawk Theater here in Topeka. The historic Jayhawk is definitely making a comeback. Reopening to the public in 2014, they are striving to bring life back into the theater, and events like the Rocky Horror showing contribute to the cause.




 These are some pictures
I took of the theater. It's very
old and has many of its
original detailing.


I went with one of my best friends named Aaron. I ended up not going in costume because I didn't have time to manage one. But in true Rocky style, I sported red lipstick to the event. Aaron's costume was flawless. He just has a certain confidence about him that allows him to sport leather and high heels like a supermodel

Aaron and I before the show. Photo credit goes to myself


Like many viewings of this movie, everyone was given prop bags to accompany the story. Though I have misplaced the card from the bag that explained each prop, when to use them, and what to do with them, here is a similar list that I found online:

The official prop list
All props were included except for the rice and gloves. The flashlight was also substituted with a glowstick.




Photo credit to myself


It was really cool to share the experience of the movie with other people that enjoy it as much as I do. I can't wait to go back next year!


-Kathryn Muñoz


No comments:

Post a Comment